The Repertory Grid Interview
Welcome to the Enquire Within web site. This site contains a great deal of reference material relating to the repertory grid interview, its underlying theory and the practical application of grid. Enquire Within is a general and business software application for deriving cognitive maps and is founded on the Repertory Grid interview
Enquire Within develops, charts and clarifies your thoughts and perceptions. It challenges your knowledge, feelings, and judgments in any area of your experience or that of your clients. It can be used for personal explorations or as a tool to help others explore and reveal their experience. There are as many potential uses for Enquire Within as there are purposes for which people would want to develop their cognitive maps - to grow them, challenge them, share them, experiment with them, reflect on them.
Repertory Grid arises from George Kelly's Theory of Personal Constructs which rests on the assumption that people are actively engaged in making sense of, and extending, their experience: expressed most succinctly as `Man is a scientist'.
Repertory Grid Applications
For a complete list of applications described visit the Site Map. To see our Repertory Grid Applications Blog go to http://repertorygrid.blogspot.com/. Here we are creating a directory of practical applications of grid which is being added to at least once a week.
Business Management and Consulting
- Support management decision-making;
- gain insight into how the organisation manages change and crises;
- understand the perceptions of an expert;
- support a management change programme;
- design developing management competences;
- measure organisation culture or facilitating change.
Human Resource Management
- Act as a selection interview;
- design person-specifications;
- act as a selection interview tool, either in assessing knowledge or as a highly advanced behaviour-based interview;
- develop person-specifications, for an existing job, a new team member or for concentrating attention on the demands of a new job;
- resolve conflict and negotiate shared meanings about key concepts.
Education, Training and Personal Development
- Support professional development;
- evaluate the effectiveness of training: knowledge-based training, skills training, and major developmental interventions;
- support personal development;
- support a study programme;
- explore key relationships;
- develop individual training needs and act as a tool for performance counselling;
- vocational guidance and careers counselling.
These are just a few of the things Repertory Grid and Enquire Within can do. We invite you to explore what we have here on this web site to see how it might work for you and to download Enquire Within software free to check that it can do what we say. We look forward to hearing from you.
This web site and Enquire Within are being developed as a personal project by me, John Mayes. Enquire Within Developments Ltd is a company that provides a structure for this project but it does not make a profit. Advertising on this site provides a small income stream which supports the web site and other expenses. Sales of the Enquire Within software also support the site and other expenses but do not anything like cover the cost of development over the years. I plan to continue this project indefinitely but would welcome discussion with others on ongoing development possibilities.
Some New Web Pages
- New Page: Determining Organizational Culture.
- New Page: Use of Computers in the Grid Interview.
- New Page: Some Resources for Understanding the Repertory Grid Interview.
- New Page: Developing the Profile of Your Ideal Digital Camera.
- New Page: An Example When Used As Training Software to Support a Study Program.
- Site Map: Links to all pages on this site.
- New Page: Develop person specifications by analysing the characteristics of existing job holders.
- New Page: Develop person specifications for a new team member by analysing the team dynamics.
- New Page: Develop person specifications for a new job.
- New Page: Getting Value For Money From Your Career Training.
- New Page: A purpose for the Repertory Grid Interview.
- New Page: An Example When Used to Support a Self Study Program: Sexuality.
- New Page: A glossary of terms related to the repertory grid interview
Repertory Grid Applications Blog
The Repertory Grid Applications blog provides a directory of practical applications of grid.
Two Things Completely Different
Search for results from the Enquire Within site.